Ho Dynasty Citadel given World Heritage status
A ceremony to receive the UNESCO certificate declaring the Ho Dynasty Citadel as a World Cultural Heritage site will take place in the central province of Thanh Hoa on June 16.
An art programme entitled Thanh Nha Ho-Niem Tu Hao Dat Viet (Ho Dynasty Citadel- the Proud of Vietnam) will be held following the ceremony to honour the historical and cultural value of the citadel.
A range of activities will also take place to celebrate the event including a village market, a festival of Ly-Tran dynasty folk games, and a display of objects, photos and articles about the citadel and the Ho Dynasty to promote tourism in the region.
On the occasion, Thanh Hoa will also host an International Conference for UNESCO National Committees in Asia-Pacific Countries on June 15-17, 2012.
- Tourism eyes Japanese market
- What to do in Hoian, Vietnam?
- Trang An tourism to be introduced on CNN
- Vietnam - ASEAN UNESCO Heritage Festival
- Switzerland's casting bronze plaques of Ha Long Bay
- Tết Nguyên Đán, Vietnam Lunar New Year
- Cultural exchange zooms across ASEAN
- Vietnam promoted in Italy
- Vietnam's culture highlighted in Germany
- Phu Quoc island to be international trading hub